UP-old site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Second assault - thoughts?

4 posters

Go down

Second assault - thoughts? Empty Second assault - thoughts?

Post by UP^StevieZombie 18th February 2014, 22:52

I must admit that I am very underwhelmed by the Second Assault DLC. Graphically the maps looks nicer and less drab (no more blue tint), but they're basically exactly the same maps from BF3.

Metro is still fun, but 64 players is too much. I think the map will play a lot better with 32 players. The grenade spam is worse in BF4 (having up to 4 minis doesn't help) and the new "flanking routes" don't really help much to relieve the congestion. The elevators are amusing because, at the moment, not everyone realises you can use them – I managed a couple of amusing back rages last night. But expect these to be constantly covered with claymores and C4 in the not too distant future. And the plugin has its work cut out dealing with all the m320/rockets/airburst spam - obviously it can only kick when players get a kill with these weapons. Also, there is a lot of potential for deliberate team killing because of the collapsing ceilings - something to watch out for.

Caspian Border and OP Firestorm. Never been a big fan of these maps, though Caspian is the lesser of two evils (as its less open). On these maps the jets take off from the ground (unlike the vanilla and China maps where you spawn in mid-air), so jet spawnkilling is back - I got killed a couple of times while still on the runway. And the AAs can camp in the bases and shoot you down within seconds of take off (nice one DICE). For my taste, there are far too many vehicles on these maps (each team seems to have a million tanks).

Gulf Oman - I actually quite liked this. The sand storm that rolls in gives the map a different feel to the original and it makes it difficult for the guys who just want to camp in that tall building for most of the round. Bit more scope for playing infantry.

But overall, not terribly impressed. Recycling maps from BF3 for the second DLC is lazy and cheapskate.
UP^StevieZombie
UP^StevieZombie
VIP staff member
VIP staff member

UP-Points : 569

Back to top Go down

Second assault - thoughts? Empty Re: Second assault - thoughts?

Post by UP^Jaskaman 18th February 2014, 23:45

Metro 64 CQ can be ok, if you are in a winning team Smile But Locker 64 is better Smile
Our plugin tries to cut those noobtubers (btw I think it kicks after 2nd kill, should be tested out). Metro Rush 64 was surprisingly good, didn't expect that.
Gulf of Oman was about same quality than in BF3 + sandstorm, which can be annoying too Smile
Firestorm is still bad in BF4 and Caspian Border is in the middle of those.  Not impressed-this should have been frree DLC...
UP^Jaskaman
UP^Jaskaman
Owner/main admin
Owner/main admin

UP-Points : 6667
Birthday : 1938-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^StevieZombie 18th February 2014, 23:54

UP^Jaskaman wrote:Metro 64 CQ can be ok, if you are in a winning team Smile But Locker 64 is better Smile
Our plugin tries to cut those noobtubers (btw I think it kicks after 2nd kill, should be tested out). Metro Rush 64 was surprisingly good, didn't expect that.
Gulf of Oman was about same quality than in BF3 + sandstorm, which can be annoying too Smile
Firestorm is still bad in BF4 and Caspian Border is in the middle of those.  Not impressed-this should have been frree DLC...
I agree, this should have been free, to show some real "player appreciation". And then 1 extra DLC at the end for Premium. But that's not EA's style.

The plugin does seem to be working, but we still end up having to kick players manually as well, which is annoying when you're trying to play!
UP^StevieZombie
UP^StevieZombie
VIP staff member
VIP staff member

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^AlterRed 19th February 2014, 00:26

My review?

UP^AlterRed
UP^AlterRed
Staff/moderator
Staff/moderator

UP-Points : 604

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^StevieZombie 20th February 2014, 01:26

UP^AlterRed wrote:My review?

Quite a few people on the forums are saying that limiting your FPS to 60 prevents these sound loop crashes. Not ideal, but worth a try.
UP^StevieZombie
UP^StevieZombie
VIP staff member
VIP staff member

Back to top Go down

Post by M0derator 22nd February 2014, 18:04

Am I only one who actually liked that blueish tint instead of this piss yellow tint we have now?

Anyhow, these redos are not that good looking compared to original ones. Explosions are more dull, less debris after blowing something up etc... really disappointing.

M0derator
Senior VIP staff member
Senior VIP staff member

UP-Points : 1353

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down